Imagine It. Design It. Make It.
Brookings Area Makerspace
About the Makerspace
The Makerspace is a shared workshop and creative space for a community of hobbyists, artists, engineers, entrepreneurs and creators in the Brookings, SD region. Imagine what you could do with access to the right equipment! Join today to start creating new and exciting products, testing concepts, sharing your talents and turning your ideas into opportunities!
- Hours: 6am-midnight, seven days a week
- Access to tools & space
- Discounts on classes & workshops
- Complete the application form and liability waiver. These forms are available at the BEDC office located in the Innovation Center at the Research Park, 2301 Research Park Way, Ste 113.
- Membership options include quarterly, semi-annual or annual.
- Payment (cash, check, debit or credit cards accepted). Payments can be made online or in person at the BEDC office. Electric payments are NOT automated and membership renewals will need to be renewed based on your selected membership cycle.
- Basic training session - duration is about 30 minutes and is scheduled on an individual basis.
- Key card is issued following completion of training and receipt of payment.
Recent Projects By Our Members
Check out this beautiful sign!
Another great creation by Eric.
These knives were made for a police officer. The handles have a blue accent and the name and badge number are engraved into the side of the blade. Pretty cool stuff!
Want to find out more or schedule a tour?
2301 Research Park Way Ste 113 | Brookings, SD 57006 | (605) 697-8103
© 2017 Brookings Economic Development Corporation. BEDC is an equal opportunity employer and provider.